On 8/31/05, Ken Weiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I hadn't thought of that.  I guess it would work fine when you want to specify a converter by ID.  However, it wouldn't work when JSF looks for a converter by Class, would it?

If you are using by-Class converters, you don't need to register them on the *component* at all -- they get registered in the Application instance along with the class they are for.  I'm not sure I see a need to use a DI framework to instantiate those, since you already have the ability to configure the implementation class that will be used.

For converters registered by id, see my next response to a a separate question in this thread.

Craig