It needs to be in the f:view tag for it to take part in the faces-lifecycle.

you can also try the t:dataTable with preserveDataModel set to true,
should have the same effect except that you loose your dataModel in
the renderResponse phase - if you don't need it there anymore, you can
also use this solution.

regards,

Martin

--