CONNER, BRENDAN (SBCSI) wrote the following on 9/9/2005 3:28 PM:
It would be interesting to see whether reversing the order of your
buttons results in the reverse outcome.  In other words, if you specify:

then it would be interesting to see if that makes the update action
inoperable.  If that is the case, then something is being rendered even
for the "unrendered" button that is somehow messing up how the page gets
submitted for the "rendered" button.

It's just so weird. I pasted the form I have here:

http://rafb.net/paste/results/vYp8Zi19.html

I removed all buttons so that I only have this one:

<h:commandButton type="submit" id="insert" value="INSERT THIS EMPLOYEE" action="#{employeeAction.insertAction}" rendered="#{!employeeAction.editMode}"/>

Click on above button, page just reloads. insertAction not reached.

If I remove the rendered:

<h:commandButton type="submit" id="insert" value="INSERT THIS EMPLOYEE" action="#{employeeAction.insertAction}"/>

Click on above button, insertAction *is* reached.

I'm baffled.

--
Rick