yes, that is write

currently this component is only working w/ MyFaces

The reason is that in JSF 1.1 the it belongs to the implementation to
care about hidden field for client side state saving. JSF 1.2 has
fixed that. There will be a specified parameter for that
(javax.faces.ViewState). See also [1]

Sun uses currently "com.sun.faces.View". This case is not addressed w/
inputSuggestAjax of [sandbox].

In [2] there are ideas for solving that issue w/ RI. I mean the
progress bar component.

I hope that will give you an idea ;)

-Matthias

[1] http://weblogs.java.net/blog/edburns/archive/2005/08/javaserver_face_3.html