From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Werner Punz
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 2:45 AM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hibernate: 1-to-many --> struggling

Duncan Krebs wrote:

Hey,
Here are my two cents. The biggest obstacle with Hibernate

is figuring
out how to correctly map the stupid collections and

relationships that
are modeled in your object model. I did not take the time

to look at
all your code but maybe this will help you out:

The mapping is one obstacle, the other one is dealing correctly with the dreaded m:n relations, there is a huge lack of good documentation in this area, I hope the next release of Hibernate in action will resolve that...

Hibernate is not a toy but it is harder to grasp in some areas than a straight database approach via jdbc. I am just wondering all the time when I am banging my head again for hours against some weirdness which was caused mostly by a mistake of mine, due to lack of understanding / documentation in a certain area, if there cannot be a sane middleground somewhere.

now it is getting really off topic ;-)