see Adam Winer's comment on MYFACES-573:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-573?page=comments#action_12329502

Thomas

On 9/15/05, Marios Kerkemezos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello everyone!

I have the following question, which I still haven't
answered...

I have a simple MyFaces test application consisting of
a small number of pages and an equal number of backing
beans deployed on Tomcat 5.0.28. All my beans inherit
from some base class which implements
java.io.Serializable and some of them contain
UIComponent subclasses as properties which are used
for component bindings (e.g. private UIData
tableComponent; private UIOutput labelComponent;).

I've noticed that when I stop and restart my
application from Tomcat Manager I get a
NotSerializableException for the beans that contain
component binding properties ( e.g.
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTable )

Everything else "seems" to be working ok, but I guess
this exception isn't normal. Any ideas on what I might
be overlooking?

Any help appreciated
Mario