Hello,
When I change the backing bean openDataList to request scope, I got the exception when I click any header to sort.
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot get value for _expression_ '#{openDataList.data}'

If I set preserveDataModel=true or <t:saveState value="#{openDataList.data}"/> or both, I still got the exception. What is wrong?  When the backing bean is instantiated, its data model is created in the default constructor.

Does the backing bean have to be session scope?

Thanks for help. Dave

Yahoo! for Good