Hello,

Boris Kovalenko wrote:
> Hello!
> Ok, this helps... now local dates are ok. Thank You, Volker! But now I
> have problems with dates I reading from SQL. What should I do with them?
> Is there best practices how to work with dates?

Is that only for old values or also for the new ones (created by the new
applicateion with the correced converter)?
if only for the old ones it seems that your old dates in the database
are not GMT based.

Did you access the sql database also by other ways than java? If not,
or, if mainly not, i suggest to convert them to GMT.

>From java.util.Date javadoc :

... the Date class is intended to reflect coordinated universal time
(UTC), ...

And UTC is nearly GMT.

> Hmmm... when I directly use Asia/Yekaterinburg it works without problem
> and does not when <%= TimeZone.getDefault().getID() %>

Hmm, did this worked for you? My container (tomcat5.5.x) does not allow
such an expression in faces tag attributes.

> With respect,
>     Boris

Regards

volker