Hello,
I have a problem with JSF which seems to be a JSF flaw. Any idea is appreciated.

suppose I have JSF page A, when user click a link in page A, a page B is opened in a new window. At this moment, the server side JSF view root is page B. If user click submit button in page A, all form data(not submitted yet) will be lost in page A because JSF think it is an initial request and goes to render phase immediately(no model update). From user's view, it is a post back to submit data.

Popping up a new window is very common . Any idea to solve this problem? or It is JSF, no way.  Thanks!

Dave