<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/20/2005 02:18:26 AM:

> Hi,

> We are moving from Sun RI to MyFaces. However, when I deploy my
> application on Jboss, I get the following error. Can anyone throw
> some light on this error.

> I have cross checked all my deployment file and it  does not refer
> to the sun's listeners.

> Thanks
> Bala
>
> 11:10:26,828 ERROR [[/QuantumFramework]] Error configuring
> application listener of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
>  at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.

I recently did exactly this and got this error too. I solved it (as others have mentioned) by making sure none of sun's implementation jars were present in the classpath (double check your WEB-INF/lib directory), and then doing a complete rebuild. Also you may want to delete all your old compiled jsps in your work directory before you restart tomcat.

Hope this helps,
Geeta