@Vesa could you run your tests again with the nightly and define the
context param org.apache.myfaces.SERIALIZE_STATE_IN_SESSION with a
value set to false in your web.xml?

You can also try to change the setting for
org.apache.myfaces.NUMBER_OF_VIEWS_IN_SESSION which defines how many
views are held in the session (default = 20). This might cause a
garbage collector problem if memory is limited.

Thanks a lot for your tests!

--
Mathias