Hi,

I'm liking your method. I might build myself a function to do all that all in one swoop. I guess the reason I started building multiple pages rather than using something more clever liek this was because my navigation rules all looked a bit boring when they all go to the same page and seems like a waste of time putting them in :p. Thanks!

-Robert.

Mike Kienenberger wrote:
The general solution is to save the message in the session and display
it on a generic "display message" page.

The particular solution I'd use in this case would be to create a
request-scoped backing bean that holds the message to display, set the
message on the backing bean in my code, then use t:saveState on both
the display message page and the caller page to preserve that value
across the request.

I generally fetch/create the backing bean using this code, but maybe
there's a better way to do it.

        ValueBinding binding =
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getApplication().createValueBinding("#{backingBean}");
        BackingBean backingBean = (BackingBean
)binding.getValue(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance());
        backingBean.setValue(value);