I am modifying the HtmlInputCalendar component in Tomahawk.

To do this, I created a new class that is a cut-and-paste of
HtmlInputCalendar
with the specific changes I needed.  Also modified the
HtmlInputCalendarRenderer
and HtmlInputCalendarTag classes in a similar way.  This part works fine.

Since HtmlInputCalendar uses several resources (images, CSS files,
JavaScript files),
I would like to use the same scheme myfaces uses to include these resources
right
inside the component. To get this to work, I had to create my own servlet
listener
and create my own version of the AddResource class.  Things are working
here as well.

What I end up with is all of the new classes mentioned above in my own
package --
including a new AddResource class (also in my own package).

My concern is that my verison of AddResource still uses myfaces packages
like
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.

Is the org.apache.myfaces.renderkit package meant for public consumption?
Am
I creating a maintenance headache for myself since this myfaces package
could change in future releases?

Thanks,
Joe Wroblewski