Dave wrote:
I can not ping the svn.apache.org. (blocked)
I can browse the http address. Does this mean the command
    svn co http:// ....
should be OK?

Yep. SVN clients just uses standard http to talk to the server (it's one of the nicest things about svn). So if you can browse the site with a browser then network rules aren't the reason you're unable to do svn operations on that repository.

Of course SVN client apps don't use HTML; they use http to exchange WebDav commands with the svn server, but that's still over the standard http port. Maybe you've got a corporate firewall that's checking the internal http commands being sent and refusing WebDav? I believe it's *possible* for firewalls to do this, but I've never heard of anyone's IT dept or ISP being paranoid enough to set this up. Normally, port-blocking is all that's implemented. And you've verified that port 80 is fine.

Regards,

Simon