What if i the  business logic returns a custom java.util.List, that dynamically reloads data?
size() returns the total rowCount
get(i) would reload a new block of data if i is out of scope.
The List would need to know about the rows (HtmlDataScroller.rows) displayed, so that reloading can work properly.
This should work with the current implementation.

Thomas

On 11/29/05, Mario Ivankovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Simon Kitching wrote:
> In order to implement "paging" at the presentation level without
> support "paging" in some manner, ie must provide methods that take
> first/numrows parameters and return the specified subset of available
> data plus information about the number of available rows.
Ah, now I see, you are right.
It looks like it isnt a business logic interface as it is so easy to
implement with plain sql, but as soon as you have a complicated business
logic and would like to paginate you have to tell this logic to do so.

> However if DataPage or an equivalent was part of a non-ui library like
> commons-collections then this might be acceptable.
So we should ask them to do so. Myfaces already use commons-collections,
so this wouldnt introduce a new dependency.

---
Mario

--
http://www.irian.at