bean.getList() is called in both Apply Request Value and Render phases.
But action listener and action method are not called.

It is a bug of <dataList> because <dataTable> works.

Dennis Byrne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
yes, @preserveDataModel doesn't apply in this case.

bean.getList() is called during the render response phase
because the dataTable component needs to access to the
underlying data model in order to know what to render.