Thank you.

I think i will try a similiar approach.

Regards Ronald

Yee CN wrote:
What I did is that I maintain an enum called screenMode={VIEW,EDIT,ADDNEW}
in the backing bean.
        public boolean isEditMode() {
                return this.screenMode == ScreenMode.EDIT || this.screenMode
== ScreenMode.ADDNEW;
        }

        public boolean isAddnewMode() {
                return this.screenMode == ScreenMode.ADDNEW;
                //return this.addNew;
        }

        /**
         * Getting/Setting the ScreenMode Enum as String
         * @return String
         */
        public String getScreenMode() {
                return this.screenMode.toString() ;
        }

        public void setScreenMode(String mode) {
                this.screenMode = ScreenMode.valueOf(mode) ;
        }

In your jsf file you will do:
<t:saveState value=”#{myBean.screenMode}” />
<h:selectOneMenu rendered="#{!myBean.editMode}"

Hope this help.

Regards,
Yee