Thanks Ryan. I will try this one. Also, does your web.xml reference any of
the sun's classes (like ConfigureListener).
Do you mind posting your web.xml ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Wynn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:56 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: MyFaces and IBM Portal

On 12/7/05, Kandasamy, Uma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> All,
>
> I am having problems when trying to deploy JSR 168 portlets (built using
> MyFaces Impl) on IBM Portal 5.1.
> It could very well be a problem with IBM supporting the MyFaces JSF
> Implementation. As far as I know, the RAD tool used for creating portlets
> supports only SUN RI. The web.xml supplied by the RAD tool explicitly
> depends on the SUN's configureListener. When I tried changing that to the
> MyFaces listener, I had some class cast exception.
>
> Has any one successfully used this combination ?
>
> Thanks in advance,

I have had success with this combination.  I am using myfaces with portal
5.1.
I started in RAD by creating an empty JSR-168 portlet (using the
wizard).  Then you won't get all the sun/ibm jsf stuff imported.  My
WEB-INF/lib directory looks like this

commons-digester
commons-codec
commons-fileupload
jarkarta-oro
commons-el
commons-beanutils
commons-validator
commons-collections
jsp-api.jar
commons-lang (I don't think you need this but I have it)
myfaces-impl
myfaces-api
tomahawk

my portlet.xml looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlet-app
        xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd";
        version="1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd";
        id="FrameworkPortlet.fcd7edcb60">

        <portlet>
                <portlet-name>FrameworkPortlet</portlet-name>
                <display-name>FrameworkPortlet</display-name>

<portlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet</portlet-cla
ss>
                <init-param>
                        <name>default-view</name>
                        <value>/people.html</value>