Hi.

I wonder if it is possible to declare the constructor of a bean in faces-config.xml similar to using <constructor-arg> in spring's configuration files. The idea behind this is, that I'd like to inject a bean into my application and use a referenced bean already in the constructor. As far as I know and encountered, first the default constructor is called, then the referenced beans are injected by using the corresponding setters, and finally the bean is used in the application depending of the scope.
Or is possible to use/reference Spring beans in faces-config.xml?

Of course you can use/reference Spring beans in faces-config.xml. Just use Spring's variable resolver.

<variable-resolver>org.springframework.web.jsf.DelegatingVariableResolver</variable-resolver>

If you want to declare your bean in Spring context but make it available as a managed bean (for instance, to define bean scoping), use proxies.

Bye.
/lexi