Many thick client controls have the same properties. The usual
debate/answer that I find is this:

1) if the control should never be edited, mark it as read-only
2) if the control is temporarily disabled (i.e. you need to select a
radio button to enable the associated controls), then use disabled.

In general, a read-only controls is something to display data, not a
form control for submitting data. Since radio buttons and check boxes
are rarely ever used for display only, then it may make sense that
they do not support a read-only state.

My $0.02
-Andrew