Von: Simon Kitching [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 12. Dezember 2005 21:35
An: MyFaces Discussion
Betreff: Re: datatable - parameter passing - workaround?

Hi,

The rowIndex value changes when the enclosing table iterates over the
DataModel. For example, when the table is *rendering*, it does:

   for(int index=0; ; ++index) {
     dataModel.setRowIndex(index);
     if (!dataModel.isRowAvailable)
       break;

     Object o = dataModel.getRowData();
     // render a row for object o
   }
   dataModel.setRowIndex(-1);

It does similar things during the "applyRequestValues" and "updateModel"
phases. In particular, any listeners (including action methods) on the
component which fire during these steps can assume that the
rowIndex/rowData point to the relevant row/object *at the time the
listener is invoked*. However the rowIndex is obviously not relevant
outside of the listener callbacks.

I can't see what you are trying to achieve with your code below. Maybe
you could describe the problem you're trying to solve?

Regards,

Simon