Hi,

I have a bean that is NOT serializable but yet I am able to set its scope to session. So does that mean that putting a bean to session scope does not requires serialization? Or is it a myfaces bug?

I am raising this question because I have a piece of code that worked in 1.1.1 release but failed in latest nightly build. The piece of code is trying to do: <t:saveState value=”myNotSerializableBean” />, so it should rightly fail and it is a bug that got fixed in the nightly built. That this bean is still able to participate in Session scope makes me wonder whether there is a lingering bug in Myfaces state saving. I am using the 20051217 build.

Best regards,

Yee