Oops, spoke too soon... the trouble with the servlet approach is that to-view-id in faces-config isn't a context relative path, it's relative to the Faces servlet... So I guess it's time to dig into custom nav handlers.

L.

Laurie Harper wrote:
But what about if you need to do this for the initial page? (i.e. you don't have a page to put a command link on...)

I want this to be able to have bookmarkable URLs in my app, where different URLs may map to the same view (JSP) -- for example, URLs /app/users/tom and /app/users/jim would both be served by /pages/user.jsp, and 'tom' or 'jim' would be passed into the JSP as a request attribute/parameter.

The only way I've figured out so far to do this sort of thing is to write a front-controller servlet that does the mapping from logical URLs to physical JSPs and uses requestDispatcher.forward() to pass control off to the Faces servlet.

It's been suggested that writing a custom navigation handler might be another route to go; I haven't had a chance to explore that yet.

L.

Mike Kienenberger wrote:
<UICommand action="#{bean.process}">

// On bean