Martin, have you tried changing your selector to

  #formId\:namingContainerId\:myComponentId

i.e. escaping the colons?

Martin Marinschek wrote:
There is one very, very valid reason for forceId I keep reiterating
over and over (me not being a friend of forceId in the firstplace, but
very happy to have it after doing some real world JSF-projects):

when you style with CSS, you quite often style with respect to the id
- the # selector is what is used for this.

Now, the JSF generated ids are looking like this:

formId:namingContainerId:myComponentId

if you use this in your CSS, the selector will become the following:

#formId:namingContainerId:myComponentId

now, the colon is also the pseudo-class selector in CSS (e.g.
a:hover), and I have unsucessfully tried to get this type of selection
to run in any current browser - id styling just doesn't work anymore
with the JSF approach of designing id's, obviously. Please, please,
correct me if I am wrong (I'd be very happy to be corrected regarding
this)!

regards,

Martin