Hi Geeta,

thank you very much, the problem is solved. Your guess was absolutely correct. After I taken care that the collection is available after the Restore View phase everything works fine.

Regards,
Ünsal

Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 9. Januar 2006 16:37
An: MyFaces Discussion
Betreff: Re: AW: commandLink does not work within a dataTable

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/09/2006 10:22:46 AM:

> Hi Geeta,

> Thank you for your answer, but could you explain what the list has
> to do with my problem?

Well Ünsal, I am not at all an expert in JSf but here's what I believe happens (and I hope somebody will correct me if I am wrong or incomplete): if your list of objects is only in request scope then your page will be displayed ok. However after the Restore View phase, your collection will be thrown away. So when you click on an entry in your table, this action is processed as part of the "Process Events" phase as part of the *next* request (so *after* the collection has been gced). Which is why you need to save your collection either in session scope or via <t:saveState.

I suppose that you mean with "list" the
> value-attribute of the dataTable-component, which is in my case a
> Collection of model-objects.

Yes, this is what i mean.

> Regards,
>
> Ünsal