Why not use an apache webserver with its url-rewriting capabilities?

hth
Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: David G. Friedman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:55 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: RE: How to override the MyFaces 1.1.1 taglib listener registration?

Ronald,

I want to virtual host so the path /hello maps internally to /hostname/hello.
I'm trying to do some sort of internal
redirect WITHOUT having to put dummy/stub files in the main /WEBAPP folder
which would then include the relevant virtual
host file(s).  So, this kind of cancels out Facelets or Shale/Clay for that
very purpose.  I've tried making another
ViewHandler.createView(context, "hostname" + viewId) but that ALSO changes the
submitted path to /hostname/whatever.jsf
instead of retaining it as /whatever.jsf.

Now, I'm thinking I can use the servletContextListener to put my own
ExternalContext in there so when the JSP calls
ExternalContext.dispatch(), I can override that method to invoke
"/localhost/filename" since I won't have a generic
"/filename" setup.

I'm open to new ideas and suggestions.  I wonder sometimes why I go for the
complicated stuff when I program application
services. *sigh*

Regards,
David