Hello all,

I have a question regarding the restore-view phase. What I want to do is create a phase listener to try and process get parameters. The idea is that I'd have a phase listener which registers for the after restore-view event. So, my question is, if there is no view to restore, such as a first visit to the page, is this event always fired?

Another thought I'd had is that I'd like to be able to determine whether there was any view to restore in my phase listener so I know whether to look at the get parameters or not. If there was a view to restore, I don't really care about the get parameters because the user is coming from another JSF page. Otherwise, they could be coming from a link sent in an email or something else and I want to use the get parameters to set properties (like search parameters, etc.) on my backing beans. So, is there a way to determine if the user came from a JSF page or a plain old link?

Thanks,
Rich