This is not a direct answer, but wanted to also let you know there is a decision between shale and jboss-seam. Both have more robust dialog support than JSF and both implement a higher level of IoC (inversion of control) to be able to "surround" your functionality. Shale has a nice page view controller, and JBoss-Seam has a nice interceptor/factory pattern. It becomes one of those tired debates of which Java frameworks you want to combine on the server.

From the list, I have a feeling most people choose one of the following when selecting frameworks to combine:
  • MyFaces + Facelets + JBoss-Seam
  • MyFaces + Shale + Clay
Some people also try the the JSF/Tiles integration, but I found it severly flawed and facelets is incomparably better than Tiles, especially when working with JSF. I cannot speak to Shale-Clay as I have not used it (I am running the first bullet combo).

-Andrew