Hi Jeff,

please try to map the NonFacesRequestServlet like:

 <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>NonFacesRequestServlet</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/NonFacesRequestServlet</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

And use the external URL:

http://localhost:8080/ebusiness/faces/NonFacesRequestServlet?id=1

By the way: Which ServletContainer? Version?

Hope that helps

Udo

Jeffrey Porter wrote:
I'm still really stuck over this.

Has anyone any ideas why I, when I click on a commandButton, get 404
Error & no call is made to the code behind the commandButton. This only
occurs on the page when it is displayed via the NonFacesRequestServlet
and not when I get to the page from another action.

I have the following settings.

The web.xml contains...
    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

The URL I request is..
http://localhost:8080/ebusiness/faces/view/task?id=1

/view/ is mapped to my NonFacesRequestServlet

The NonFacesRequestServlet sets the following..
UIViewRoot view = viewHandler.createView(facesContext, "/jsp/view.jsp");
navigationHandler.handleNavigation(facesContext, null,
"showExistingNCM");

The faces-config.xml contains...
  <navigation-rule>
    <from-view-id>/jsp/view.jsp</from-view-id>
    <navigation-case>
      <from-outcome>showExistingNCM</from-outcome>
      <to-view-id>/jsp/theNCM.jsp</to-view-id>
</navigation-case> </navigation-rule>
The commandButton that's clicked is...
<h:commandButton immediate="true"  value="Cancel"
action="#{managerDocument.abortSaveNCM }"/>

The code called is (or not called in this case, since I never hit the
break point on it)...
    public String abortSaveNCM() {
        //insert any bus logic here
        return ("abort");
    }

The faces-config.xml contains for the page that is displayed...
  <navigation-rule>
    <from-view-id>/jsp/theNCM.jsp</from-view-id>
    <navigation-case>
      <from-outcome>abort</from-outcome>
      <to-view-id>/jsp/taskList.jsp</to-view-id>
      <redirect/>
</navigation-case> </navigation-rule>

The URL shown after I click the commandButton...
http://localhost:8080/ebusiness/view/task/jsp/theNCM.jsp
HTML:      HTTP Status 404 - /view/task/jsp/theNCM.jsp

A screen shot of the page I get from the sevlet...
http://www.porter.eu.com/jeff/1a.JPG

A screen shot of the page I get when I click the "cancel" commandButton
http://www.porter.eu.com/jeff/2a.JPG