>From: "Garner, Shawn" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>I've noticed my commandLinks don't go to the page the first time.
>It seems to reload the page and then if I click on it again it goes to
>the next view.

This is common behavior in MyFaces when you use the brower back button to a dirty
page and repost it.  I believe it has to do with how the component tree's state is
saved.  I suspect that myfaces only caches a single page.  So, navigation to a new
page overrides the cached state of the old.  The double post is needed because the
state manager can't resort the view and just skips to the render phase.

The RI behaves differently here.

>Anyone know what is causing this, how to fix it?

Try turning on client side state saving.  You do this in your web deployment descriptor.

  <context-param>
    <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
    <param-value>client</param-value>
  </context-param>

>Shawn

Gary