Dave Brondsema wrote:
> I need to implement a "Save as Draft" button for a page I'm working on.
>  I want to save all the data in the model, so I need to convert values
> to the right data type and update the model values.  But I do not want
> to do any other validation.  Is this possible?  immediate="true" skips
> too much.  Can I use a phase listener before and after validation to do
> this somehow?  Or perhaps I have to use immediate="true" and then invoke
> some lifecycle methods in my saveAsDraft() backing bean method?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> thanks,

To answer my own questions, immediate="true" on the "Save as DRAFT"
button means that it is processed before anything else, so the other
data isn't even available.  Explained in detail at
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/How_The_Immediate_Attribute_Works

It looks like I can do what I need by using
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/OptionalValidationFramework but
unfortunately that requires significant changes to all my forms that
need "save as draft" functionality.

--
Dave Brondsema
Software Developer