Well, than it's you who has to scratch the itch ;)

In any case, I had Gerald deploy the latest version of MyFaces into
one of our projects thursday, and the collapsible panels (even in
dataTables) are all perfectly working. So I wonder if you do something
wrong in the integration.

Gerald, can you check if the sample app works on your PC?

thanks,

Martin