From: Simon Kitching [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:13 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: RE: how do I prevent nervous users starting actions more
thanonce???

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 15:01 -0700, James Reynolds wrote:
> I new enough to JSF that I haven't incorporated Phase Listeners into
> my programming but, in the same vein, I was wondering about changing
the mouse cursor to an hourglass during long processes.

> Is it possible to update the page css styles based on Phase events?

No, Phase listeners are server-side concepts. The user's browser doesn't
know about them, it just gets served the final generated page.

Is there an option to change the cursor for an HTML page? If so, then
possibly a form's onsubmit script could set that. Presumably as soon as
the page has reloaded the cursor would be reset. But isn't that done
already by most browsers?

Or are you talking about AJAX operations?