Hmm...

Well, if you use client-side state saving ( or server-side state
saving and MyFaces after 1.1.1) you can use that trick above.

If you want to post-back to the server in between, you can write a
custom Navigation-Handler and configure that in your faces-config.xml.
This navigation-handler would need to store a stack of pages visited
somewhere and then just go back if the outcome equals to some
predefined string (e.g. "back").

I'm sure somebody can jump in with some source to support you, right?

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at