Sure,

You can write your action methods, additionally thanks to myfaces
expert team in latest build you can write your action listener on it.
Read the javadocs, you have to construct Tree of NavigationMenuItem.
Define the action in the constructor to "" and add an action listener
on it.

Any way, what is the reason for, we have to define an action in constructor.

Regards,

Onur