Hi,

Here is how I managed this issue. If I remember, it may has been already discussed here.

Assuming you have a binding of your tree2 component in your managed bean,

you can add an actionListener to the commandLink for each facet of your tree

something like

<h:commandLink immediate="true" actionListener="#{yourBean.setNodeSelected}">

in the setNodeSelected method

public void setNodeSelected(javax.faces.event.ActionEvent ae)
//just add
tree.setNodeSelected(ae);

And now you should be able to retrieve the selected node

using

tree.getDataModel().getNode();

Hope this help

I welcome any better solution

patrick

"R. Müller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
Hi group,

in my example i have tree2-component with selectable nodes through
nodeToggler-attribute.

varNodeToggler="t" binding="#{foo.uidata}" >
[...]

So far this works well.

From another controll (commandButton) i want to edit the current
selected node, so have to access the selected node.

But i'm wondering, if want to access the current selected node with
UITreeData.getNode()-method, i always get 'null'.

The only way to get the selected node is during the select-action
processing phase (calling a action method).

value="#{node.identifier}" />
[...]

//
//the only moment to get the selected noted from the uidata-component !
public void selectedNode(String id) {
// ignoring the parameter
selectedNode = uitreedata.getNode();
}

After this the uitreedata.getNode() always returns 'null'.
IMHO this is a bug, because the selection-state is obviously saved
somewhere (at least in the nodetoggler). And so the uidata should
represent this.

By the way : how to access the nodetoggler ? There is no binding and no
way to access this through the UITreeData-Component !?

regards

Ronald

*M-Unicomp GmbH
*
*Ronald Müller
*
*Plauener Straße 163-165, Haus 11
*13053 Berlin
*
*fon : +49 ( 0 ) 30 / 98 69 61 54
*mobil : +49 ( 0 ) 172 / 93 95 00 4
*fax : +49 ( 0 ) 30 / 98 69 61 55
*email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*web : www.unicomp-berlin.de

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international. Téléchargez la version beta.