how would you apply sorting by cliking a column? Sorting the whole result set? or just the current page? or query the DB again order by that column?

Thanks!

Werner Punz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Emily Gu schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have a page that used , it only shows 5 on the each page.
> With total 7950 as returned data, it is 1590 pages. But it took 1.5
> minutes to show up the first page that only has 5 rows. I checked the
> query, it only took 240 msecs.
>
> Please let me know if you have any better idea in speeding up the page
> provides.

Yes... you probably loaded the entire list into the table, there is no
need for doing that, there is a generic datamodel interface/class
underneath of all things, by implementing your own datamodel
you can achieve pagination and only have to load one page per time.

That way I managed tables of 15.000 rows and more without any
significant performance impact.

But beware, implementing a datamodel is not what I would call a walk in
the park.