I read the tips in http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4027008
But it didn't apply to my case. The possible values for the second  selectonemenu are many ( 10.000).

On 2/8/06, Vladimir Coutinho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have 2 SelectOneMenu in a page.  The first has some categories, when the user chooses one item, I change the items in the second SelectOneMenu via AJAX.  But when I post the page, the value is not acepted, the page acepts only value that was in the second SelectOneMenu when the page was opened, the new values inserted by ajax are not acepted.

--
Vladimir M Coutinho