Dave Brondsema wrote:
Now that myfaces is using maven to build, what is the proper way for my
project to declare its dependencies on JSF?  I want to only declare my
dependency on JSF, not on MyFaces in particular.  For example:

                <dependency>
                        <groupId>javax.faces</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jsf-api</artifactId>
                        <version>1.1</version>
                        <scope>compile</scope>
                </dependency>

But how do I relate that to myfaces-api-1.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar?  Is there a
way to "mvn install" the api jar as javax.faces/jsf-api?

AFAIK, you'd have to do that manually. Maven certainly doesn't have any way to automatically map an 'API artifact' to some other artifact that provides that API.

L.