On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:41:03 -0000
 "James Moores" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I've been using ADF Faces EA19 on MyFaces-1.1 for a few weeks on the basis that I knew about the donation to the Apache Foundation so I could move to that. I'm now trying to build the drop - and I can't work out how to do it. I've downloaded and installed Maven-2.0.2. When I go into the unzipped package I've got no top level pom.xml so typing something like
 mvn install

doesn't work. I then tried just doing that in the adf-faces directory and it did a bunch of stuff and then said that it couldn't find some maven plugin stuff, so I went into the m2-plugins directory and ran 'mvn install' there. Then the build process ran until it couldn't find the jsf jars - I presume that is what the jsf-mock thing is for. I tried building that with 'mvn install', which failed, and then 'mvn -f jsf-mock-1.1_01.pom install' which appeared to do something. Anyway - the error I get is the output below. Has anyone managed to build it? Is it complete or has stuff been stripped out that will have to be replaced (I understand the oracle skin is gone, for example)? I think
I'm just not understanding the whole maven thing...

Any help or guidance anyone can give me would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jim Moores

Hi!

Are you building because you need to run on JDK 1.4?

The Apache Drop zip contains the jars you need to run, (adf-faces-api-ea20-SNAPSHOT.jar and adf-faces-impl-ea20-SNAPSHOT.jar).

NOTE: These seems to be compiled such that they require a 1.5 JDK. If you need to run on 1.4, you must build it yourself.

I've made the same move that you describe, and it works fine.

Harald