Craig McClanahan wrote:
On 2/17/06, Laurie Harper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Craig McClanahan wrote:
Interesting. I was under the impression that Weblets did not and would
not support the 'add <script> elements to the document head' part of
the
equation. I'll have to have another look at it.
I think that is true for weblets, and it is definitely true for Shale
Remoting.  What remoting offers is a helper class that computes the
calculate the appropriate resource URL for you to render.  Actually
adding
the <script> element (or call addResource() in the case of Tomahawk) is
still your responsibility.
Right, ant that's the bit I'm trying to come up with a generic,
portable, configuration-free solution for. The trouble is, I can't find
a general hook in JSF that would allow post-processing the generated
response.

That's where my "provide a custom ResponseWriter" thought mght come into
play.

I may have mis-understood what you said before, but I thought it was to the effect that this idea wouldn't work if any part of the response was rendered without going through response writer, and that would probably be a problem with JSPs?

I suppose I could take another tack and look into whether there's a way
to register a servlet filter programmatically

There is not :-(.

and, if so, if there's a
way to determine the URL mappings for the FacesServlet reliably.

That you can do, by parsing web.xml yourself.  There's code for this you
could crib from Shale Remoting if you need it (
org.apache.shale.remoting.faces.MappingsHelper).

Doesn't help much if I can't use the information to then add the filter :-(

L.

Failing that, I can detect when there's something already configured
(i.e. if the Tomahawk extension filter is installed, use it; if ADF
Faces is being used, tie in to whatever it does; etc; otherwise, require
additional configuration.

L.