From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laurie Harper
Sent: 16 February 2006 19:07
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Re: ADF Faces processScope problem

Based on the comment, it would seem that your problem is that you need
to do your initialization *earlier* in the phase cycle -- i.e. before
the Render Response phase begins.

Shale's View Controller feature [1] provides a great solution to this;
the init() and prerender() hooks would be the two options you'd want to
consider for doing your initialization.

If you don't want to use Shale, you could implement the same approach in
your own app with a little bit more work. Basically, you'd implement
your own phase listener and call your initialization logic in
beforePhase(). I don't have a sample code snip to hand, but it's fairly
straightforward.

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/features-view-controller.html