From: Dave [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:34 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: what is the worse thing that could happen - escape=false

<inputTextarea> allows users to input a description including any HTML tags,
then display back to client using <outputText>  escape="false".

Users can type in _javascript_ and anything else. What is the security hole? client side or server side?  Can users break in server side security this way? I believe it is client side only. On server side, just do model update and store it in database.

Even for client side, it is a big issue, since the description is viewable by all users.

Is there a way to prevent this, but support HTML tags?
Is adding a validator checking <script> sufficient?

Thanks!

Yahoo! Mail