On 2/28/06, Mike Duffy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In a previous post Craig stated that the rendering of children, "is one of the many things that
works *much* better in a JSF 1.2 world."

I see on the sun site that the Proposed Final Draft 2 for JSP 2.1 was posted on 17 Feb, 2006, and
the Proposed Final Draft 2 for JSF 2.1 was posted on 15 Feb, 2006 .

Does anyone have an inside word on the final release dates or when the MyFaces implementation of
JSF 1.2 will be available in Beta? I do not see any info at http://myfaces.apache.org

AFAICT no formal work on this has even started yet. You can use the RI version (CDDL licensed) in the mean time, though.

My guess is that JSF 1.2 will only work with JSP 2.1, is that correct?

That is correct. (It also requires JavaSE 5).

Also, I googled around for some references, but didn't see anything great.  If you have a good
link that explains the key features of JSP 2.1 or JSF 1.2, please reply.

One source of useful information is the "What's Changed Since The Last Release" section of the JSF spec itself (in the Preface), which gives a very thorough description of what is different between 1.1 and 1.2.  I would also pay attention to Ed Burns's blog (he's co-spec lead for JSF 1.2) ... for example, he's posted[2] a list of what changed from PFD to PFD2, and several of his earlier entries reference the new 1.2 features.

Craig

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=252
[2] http://weblogs.java.net/blog/edburns/archive/2006/02/new_drafts_of_j_1.html

Thx.