Hi,

How does MyFaces (or JSF for that matter) handle backing beans in multiple instances of the same portlet? For example, let’s say that I’ve deployed two instances of MyPortlet in the same page of a portal. MyPortlet defines a view which has components binded to a backing bean that must be saved for each portlet instance, because it holds information specific to that portlet instance (in portlet API terms, it should be stored in the Portlet session with portlet scope).

Does JSF handle portlet scope in the managed bean creation facility (and in EL)? If not, how would I handle that in JSF? How should I create the backing bean and how should I reference it using EL?

Thanks,
Marcio.