Yee CN schrieb:
> Eclipse + myEclipseIDE is performing OK. For one thing eclipse is not
> opening every file you have - only the ones you left opened in your last
> session. For that matter starting up time is rather independent of the size
> of the project.
>
> In my 3yr old notebook eclipse + myeclipse + BIRT starts up in around 20
> seconds.
>
> Full recompilation takes forever. JSP/JSF validation is the culprit. I have
> 50+ xhtmls - and it takes the order of 10min to compile.
>
> Regards,
> Yee

Well you can turn off some of the validation, to speed things up, but
generally JSP validation is somewhat rough on MyEclipse it is not the
fastest regarding jsp validation.

I have a project with several hundred til one thousand jsp files. A full
recompile takes a few minutes, but luckily this does not happen too
often (only at a clean or full refresh)
As for stability MyEclipse is pretty much one of the most stable of all
available ones. I am using it all the time on several different techs,
the JSF editors are lacking currently however.

As for the speed and the JSF editors I have hopes that 5.0 will bring a
lot of things onto the table. First it will be WTP 1.0.1 based so mixing
it with other plugins will be possible finally, also one of their
constant improvement requests (they drive development upon requests in
their surveys) is the improvement of the jsf editing capabilites, so
they work on it.