Hi Jurgen,

Its priority is minor. Could you upgrade it to critical so that it will not be forgotten. Thanks!

Jurgen Lust <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've already opened a JIRA issue on this, which also contains the necessary patch:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1157

Jurgen

Dave schreef:
During model update, when a setter method throws an exception, the following message will display:

"_idJsp137": Error during model data update.

< SPAN class=error>public void setValue(String value) throws MyException {
   throw new MyException("my error message");
}

I like "my error message" to be used instead of the JSF generated one that will confuse users.  What exception should I throw in order for the message to be taken?

Thanks for help,