[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
so it turns out I can't use *.jsf as the file extension if I am already
using for the filter stuff to go to Faces Servlet.  What is bizarre though
is when I start using *.faces as my filter and *.jsf as my file extension,
MyFaces sends back <jsp:root and stuff to the browser instead of changing
everything to html.  It does not seem to be processing the *.jsf(JSF jsp)
file.  Any one know why?

Yes, you would need to tell your servlet container to process *.jsf files as JSPs. It has no way of knowing what a .jsf file is unless you tell it. How you do that would probably depend on what servlet container you're using. For Tomcat, you would do it be specifying a servlet mapping for *.jsf in your web.xml.

L.