Hi Nico,

in the meantime there are many js frameworks outside there, which try
to help you to ease
developing ajax stuff.

As i am currently experimenting with Ajax and JSF, i can suggest the
dojo framework which comes in many flavours helping you out working
with javaScript in general, and with ajax in a special way (apart from
other issues, which raise it in comparison to other js frameworks).

You can find the official page here:

http://www.dojotoolkit.org/

We use dojo since a few weeks in combination with our (small bundle
of) myfaces ajax sandbox components; you can also have a look at them
for a deeper understanding of whats going on.

But for a first look at ajax, i would suggest to play around with it
on a single page without using a framework; just plain javascript with
creating a XMLHttpRequest object and doing some requests to a html
page. You can find many tutorials out there on this topic.

And, reading,reading, reading... :)

regards,

Gerald

--