hi all, thanks for replying.

I can understand using hibernate will remove jdbc coding. But currently, I'm
using Myfaces, it already has all the linking between webpages in
xx-config.xml, web.xml, so is there any need for Spring? Or maybe i should
go n read up more on Spring :) but just want to get some quick answers here,
thanks

Another point is: previouslu, I have used Expresso, another Java framework
which is past its peak popoularity, in my application called Project X. So
now another framework Spring comes on.

If I never use any framework at all (except using myfaces), I just use
simple Java, then i don't have to keep changing to new popular framework?

--Remember last time, Struts is so popular, now is Spring.